Does plasespotter really works????

  • ksusham
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2013
      Hello, i am trying to set up plasespotter API for my application. I was able to run test URL:
      http://yboss.yahooapis.com/geo/placespotter?documentContent=Sunnyvale+CA&documentType=text/plain and got back some results.
      No other test returns any results back. Here is what i tried:
      url = 'http://yboss.yahooapis.com/geo/placespotter?documentContent=

      I+live+in+New+York and i got following:
      "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?><bossresponse responsecode=\"200\"><placespotter count=\"1\"><document></document></placespotter></bossresponse>"
      I get this for any string i put it. Except if i put

      "Sunnyvale+CA" in front. It does not seem like this service works at all. Is anybody using it?
      Any other services out there to get location out of unclassified text?

      Thank you.