Bad author in blog results

  • markwreed
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2013
      I'm getting bad author information for venturebeat posts from the blog source

      For example...

      The following post

      http://venturebeat.com/2013/08/16/viacom-to-bring-streaming-cable-channels-to-new-sony-tv-service/

      Should return a plain author name ( at least the other blog sources do this )

      Tom Cheredar

      Instead, it comes back with the following as author

      ["Christina Farr","Dan \"Shoe\" Hsu","Dean Takahashi","Devindra Hardawar","Dylan Tweney","Jeffrey Grubb","John Koetsier","Jolie O'Dell","Matt Marshall","Meghan Kelly","Rebecca Grant","Ricardo Bilton","Sean Ludwig","Sebastian Haley","Tom Cheredar","Ciara Byrne","Jon Soberg","Rakesh Agrawal","Tom Cheredar"]

      Part of the problem seems to be it is double encoded. Don't know if that is correct. Seems like the other blogs don't return that way.

      However, even if I decode it an extra time, it is still a bit ugly ( looks like JSON perhaps )

      ["Christina Farr","Dan \"Shoe\" Hsu","Dean Takahashi","Devindra Hardawar","Dylan Tweney","Jeffrey Grubb","John Koetsier","Jolie O'Dell","Matt Marshall","Meghan Kelly","Rebecca Grant","Ricardo Bilton","Sean Ludwig","Sebastian Haley","Tom Cheredar","Ciara Byrne","Jon Soberg","Rakesh Agrawal","Tom Cheredar"]

      Also, really "Tom Cheredar" wrote this article, but it is pulling up all the authors for the GamesBeat section.

      I suspect venturebeat is getting parsed wrong.

      Mark.