NOTICE: Yahoo! BOSS - Support of + Operator

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2013
      Hello Yahoo! BOSS Users,
      Starting on August 15th 00:00UTC, all BOSS API services will enforce the + operator strictly and return results appropriately .

      What does this mean?
      This means that the query Barack Obama and Barack+Obama will return results differently as is seen on the Yahoo! Search page. Currently these two queries are returning the same result on BOSS.

      How does this matter to me?
      It should not affect any results unless you are using a + (%2B) in lieu of a Space (%20). If you are using the + (%2B) and not intending it to be the case, we recommend that you make the appropriate change.

      Are there any other benefits?
      Going forward, you can actually use the unary + operator to force auto-correct off. So passing the query q=+nodjs will force the results for that word and will NOT auto-correct to node.js

      Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to answering any questions you may have.

      Regards,
      Rahul
      Product Manager, Yahoo! BOSS