Re: [ysearchboss] PlaceFinder API 503 Rate Limit Exceeded

  • Paymon
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 23, 2013
      hi,

      Checked on your AppID and you are actually reaching the limit you have set (your daily limit), hence, getting the error.

      Thanks.
      BOSS Team

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 24, 2013
        Thanks for the response. I can't seem to find the page that tells me what my daily limit is. Can you point me to a link? Also, is it possible to increase this limit?

        I was able to run about 1000 more queries successfully today again, but now I'm getting 503 errors again. On my project page I downloaded the CSV file that is supposed to show API usage, but it doesn't show any number under the Calls column.

        Please tell me how I can avoid this error. Thanks.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 26, 2013
          I am still getting 503 Rate Limit Exceeded errors each day after somewhere between 1000-3000 queries. After that, all Placefinder queries fail until sometime the next day.

          The documentation at this page http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/geo/ states that the number of queries per day is unlimited and doesn't mention any rate limits.

          Can someone please help me how to avoid these errors and if there is a limit, how to increase it? Thanks!

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 26, 2013

            If you let me know, how queries you will be expecting to run daily, I can set (increase) this daily limit for you since we have your AppID already.

            Thanks.

            BOSS Team

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 26, 2013
              Thanks for your response. We have an initial backlog of about 70,000 addresses that we need geocoded. After that, we expect to be running fewer than 1000 new queries per day.

              Please let me know the best way to accomplish this. Thanks again.

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 26, 2013
                here is my proposal, say you want to finish this backlog in a week (10000) queries daily)) I can set the daily limit for 10000 queries for 7 days, once this is
                done, we can set it back to what it is today (1000 queries per day). let me know if this works for you.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 29, 2013
                  Would it be possible, after the 7 days, to set the limit to 2000 queries per day? We occasionally get bursts of up to 4000 new addresses. But otherwise, your proposal is acceptable and should allow us to get our backlog geocoded within a week.

                  Thanks again for your help.

                • jinrenbear
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 23
                    Hi there !!