Re: (500) Internal Server Error

  • choicelogistics@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 4 10:41 AM
      As I posted earlier this morning we are experiencing 13% rate of failure while calling YBOSS Geo services. API status shows between 99% and 98%. On the day I raises this issue first time - July 1st one other person from UK confirmed that his rate of successful calls is much lower than reported on API status page. This brings two questions:
      1. API status page does not seem to reflect the real status of the services.
      2. What is YBOSS Geo service's guaranteed uptime rate? I have seen API status page showing 98.60% of success and a green status with notes saying "Service is operating normally". I am sorry, even if 98.60% was true, it is not normal for the paid service.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 5 8:20 AM
        Hello
        Please open a support ticket using the BOSS support form (Instructions http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/geo/bOSS_support_Form_F.pdf).

        It would be good to get a sense of where you are calling the service from and a trace route of your failed calls. That will help debug the reasons you are seeing this usage. We are not seeing any heightened error rates in european colo so a little surprised this is happening for you.

        I would see if there are any issues with your DNS caching,etc.

        From: "choicelogistics@..." <choicelogistics@...>
        Date: Thursday, July 4, 2013 7:31 AM
        To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [ysearchboss] Re: (500) Internal Server Error

        We are experiencing decrease in Geo services uptime again starting 3:28am EST on this morning July 4th. I am waiting to receive exact percentage of failed calls from developers, but my preliminary estimate is about 10%-15% of the calls failed with Error 500 - Internal Server Error.
        We are using Geo services in production environment and striving
        to meet 99.99% uptime to meet industry standard. At this moment Yahoo Geo services is the weakest link in the chain of our processes and causes us to fail our client's expectations.