(500) Internal Server Error

  • choicelogistics@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2013
      Does anyone experiencing intermittent 500 Error while calling YBOSS Geo services starting early in the morning of July 1st?
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2013
        Please see http://developer.yahoo.com/apistatus/ for API status. There has been a very slight drop in Geo service operation (99.65% in US East in current window) but nothing too significant.
        Best
        BOSS Team

        From: "choicelogistics@..." <choicelogistics@...>
        Date: Monday, July 1, 2013 9:38 AM
        To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [ysearchboss] (500) Internal Server Error

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2013
          Thank you for the useful link.
          At the time I used the link for checking the status it was showing 99.3% uptime which is less than 99.65 you are stating. Our own experience with Geo services today is about only 90% of success which is very low for the paid service.
          I hope this issue will be resolved soon.

          Thank you.

          > Please see http://developer.yahoo.com/apistatus/ for API status. There has been a very slight drop in Geo service operation (99.65% in US East in current window) but nothing too significant.
          > Best
          > BOSS Team
          >

          > From: "choicelogistics@...<mailto:choicelogistics@...>" <choicelogistics@...<mailto:choicelogistics@...>>
          > Date: Monday, July 1, 2013 9:38 AM
          > To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>>
          > Subject: [ysearchboss] (500) Internal Server Error
          >

          > Does anyone experiencing intermittent 500 Error while calling YBOSS Geo services starting early in the morning of July 1st?

        • visokiodev
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1, 2013
            I experienced the same thing this morning (based in the UK), it was happening A LOT. Nowhere near the 99.65 reported.

            --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, "choicelogistics@..." <choicelogistics@...> wrote:

            > Thank you for the useful link.
            > At the time I used the link for checking the status it was showing 99.3% uptime which is less than 99.65 you are stating. Our own experience with Geo services today is about only 90% of success which is very low for the paid service.
            > I hope this issue will be resolved soon.
            >
            > Thank you.
            >
            > --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, Rahul Hampole <rhampole@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Please see http://developer.yahoo.com/apistatus/ for API status. There has been a very slight drop in Geo service operation (99.65% in US East in current window) but nothing too significant.
            > > Best
            > > BOSS Team
            > >

            > > From: "choicelogistics@<mailto:choicelogistics@>" <choicelogistics@<mailto:choicelogistics@>>
            > > Date: Monday, July 1, 2013 9:38 AM
            > > To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>>
            > > Subject: [ysearchboss] (500) Internal Server Error
            > >

            > > Does anyone experiencing intermittent 500 Error while calling YBOSS Geo services starting early in the morning of July 1st?

          • Ce_sar
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 1, 2013
              Gigablast - An Alternative Search Engine
              www.procog.com/‎Traducir esta página
              A powerful, new search engine that does real-time indexing!
              About the ProCog.com Search Engine based SEO

              www.procog.com/about/search-engine‎Traducir esta página
              ProCog.com is a Transparent Search Engine for SEO. What does that mean exactly? Well, it means that we let you peak behind the curtain to see exactly how ...
              ---
              director it may work out following the tendency...
              there is other alternative to run as it comes
              hey member to cash your salary and show up in here : image
              Your best alternative automated communication with its Clients and Users
              We operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year on Cloud Computing (Cloud Internet). Our high level of reliability, security and availability are above the annual average of 99.5% without interruptions or stops processing systems. http://www.gestiondetickets.com/
            • choicelogistics@ymail.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 4, 2013
                We are experiencing decrease in Geo services uptime again starting 3:28am EST on this morning July 4th. I am waiting to receive exact percentage of failed calls from developers, but my preliminary estimate is about 10%-15% of the calls failed with Error 500 - Internal Server Error.
                We are using Geo services in production environment and striving
                to meet 99.99% uptime to meet industry standard. At this moment Yahoo Geo services is the weakest link in the chain of our processes and causes us to fail our client's expectations.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 4, 2013
                  As I posted earlier this morning we are experiencing 13% rate of failure while calling YBOSS Geo services. API status shows between 99% and 98%. On the day I raises this issue first time - July 1st one other person from UK confirmed that his rate of successful calls is much lower than reported on API status page. This brings two questions:
                  1. API status page does not seem to reflect the real status of the services.
                  2. What is YBOSS Geo service's guaranteed uptime rate? I have seen API status page showing 98.60% of success and a green status with notes saying "Service is operating normally". I am sorry, even if 98.60% was true, it is not normal for the paid service.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 4, 2013

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 5, 2013
                      Hello
                      Please open a support ticket using the BOSS support form (Instructions http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/geo/bOSS_support_Form_F.pdf).

                      It would be good to get a sense of where you are calling the service from and a trace route of your failed calls. That will help debug the reasons you are seeing this usage. We are not seeing any heightened error rates in european colo so a little surprised this is happening for you.

                      I would see if there are any issues with your DNS caching,etc.

                      From: "choicelogistics@..." <choicelogistics@...>
                      Date: Thursday, July 4, 2013 7:31 AM
                      To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>
                      Subject: [ysearchboss] Re: (500) Internal Server Error