Re: Announcing Launch of Related Search keywords in BOSS Search

  • Rakesh K
    Message 1 of 19 , May 31, 2013
      When we query for a seach like: nodisfinfo

      (http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGdUngfqhRaFcAmNdXNyoA?p=nodisfinfo&fr2=sb-top)

      Boss API returns irrelavant and unmatched results. The results containing words like "Nudist Info" (instead of word 'nodisfinfo'). Please see the results snapshot below.

      Is there any way (by using a parameter) to FILTER OUT this kind of IRRELEVANT and UNMATCHED results?

      Please suggest something.

      Regards,
      Rakesh

      Please the BOSS results returned for the search: nodisfinfo

      disinformation | everything you know is wrong
      Disinformation is a search service for those seeking factual information on current affairs, politics and new science media stories. Features censored and 'hidden ...
      http://disinfo.com/

      http://www.nudist.info/
      Nudist Singles - The best nudist dating site
      The best dating site for nudist singles. Where nudists, naturists, and men and women in favor of clothing optional lifestyles meet their match.

      http://www.sydneynudistinfo.com/index.html
      Sydney nudist information - Sydney nudist information
      Sydney's legal nude beach and nudist social club information site _

      http://www.seekon.com/R/Nudism/
      Nudism Info - SeekOn Search System - Local Information for ...
      SeekOn Nudism Site Catalog. ... Add this page to your Favorites! | TechLibrary. Dragonfly Naturists - A forum for sharing information and making new friends who are ...

      http://www.nudistbeaches.info/
      Nudist Beach Guide to the World for Naturists and Nudists
      An interactive, map-based tourist guide to the world's nudist beaches. Click on the maps for a description of each nude beach and first hand beach reports written by ...

      > Hi Rakesh
      > Unfortunately we don't have Germany as a market currently. We will explore how we can add it in. We fixed the error in the docs.
      >
      > Thanks
      > BOSS Team
      >

      > From: Rakesh K <rakesh.kr@...<mailto:rakesh.kr@...>>
      > Date: Monday, April 8, 2013 11:53 PM
      > To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>>
      > Subject: [ysearchboss] Re: Announcing Launch of Related Search keywords in BOSS Search
      >

      > Hi BOSS Team,
      >
      > Thank you for providing related search in other languages too.
      >
      > I tried and it worked for French and some other languages (e.g. &market=fr-fr) but when I tried for German version (&market=de-de) it's NOT working.
      >
      > Does the 'Related Search' doesn't support for German version?
      >
      > Regards,
      > Rakesh
      >
      > For example,
      >
      > --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss%40yahoogroups.com>, Rahul Hampole <rhampole@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello Rakesh
      > > We now have related search in a lot of markets as provided here http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/boss_api_guide/supp_regions_lang.html#v2_markets
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > BOSS Team
      > >

      > > From: Rakesh K <rakesh.kr@<mailto:rakesh.kr@>>
      > > Date: Sunday, March 3, 2013 9:41 PM
      > > To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss%40yahoogroups.com>>" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss%40yahoogroups.com>>>
      > > Subject: [ysearchboss] Re: Announcing Launch of Related Search keywords in BOSS Search
      > >

      > > Hi Rahul,
      > >
      > > When you are rolling out German version of BOSS Related search?
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > Rakesh
      > >
      > > --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:ysearchboss%40yahoogroups.com>, Rahul Hampole wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello All
      > > > I am pleased to announce the launch of a new Related Search offering via BOSS. The service offers developers a way of finding related keywords associated with every search term. More details are offered in the documentationhttp://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/boss_api_guide/related.html> and the pricinghttp://developer.yahoo.com/search/boss/#pricing>.
      > > >
      > > > If you are a current developer, you simply need to make the API calls as described in the documentation.
      > > >
      > > > On behalf of the entire BOSS Team, I am thankful for the amazing reception the product has received. We are excited to continue to innovate on BOSS and continue building amazing things for our developers.
      > > >
      > > > Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
      > > >
      > > > Regards
> [...]
    • Ixquick Board
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 9, 2013

        Hi Boss team,

        Are there alternative payment methods fro yahoo boss than having to pay through credit cards?
        It is giving me a lot of troubles for various reasons.
        Please advice at beens@...

        Kind regards,
        Robert
        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 10, 2013
          Hi Robert
          We also accept Paypal and this can be configured via http://billing.yahoo.com . The Paypal account can in turn be tied to a bank account as well.

          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 5, 2013

            Hi Boss Team,

            Request 1:
            We are currently doing  hundreds of thousands of $ customer of Boss per year.
            I have been unable to log in to your billings section for the past 3 days, while i need to change Credit cards again as the amount of transactions cut of the card again.
            I have tried to log in from different IP addresses  (2x NL 1x USA) , platforms (PC / Mac) ans browsers( FF Safari Chrome) and been unable to log in.
            I can read my email and see my accounts setting but once trying to go to "billing information" it asks me to again enter my password after which the system hangs and finally times out. I still have a few days left to update CC info but  than the Boss fucntionality will be ended which will cause a lot of economical damage and loss of revenue to Yahoo.
            You online support people have not been able to help me at all- nor been able to provide an alternative  tel number for help on this matter.

            Online billing actions have always been very cumbersome due to long login time (often with time-outs) but come to a complete halt over the last days.
            Can i communicate directly with someone by phone on this topic?

            Request 2:
            The current payment system of credit cards is causing me a lot of problems.
            I am using 3 different credit cards to keep the charges current - as the high amount of smaller charges trigger anti-fraud protections at my bank.
            Is there a way to do a prepaid bank wire somehow?

            Kind regards,
            Robert Beens