Re: Geocoding returns wrong country

  • spire_ca
    Message 1 of 5 , May 29, 2013
      I found the only way to resolve these issues was to forgo the locale parameter altogether.

      Even with a locale of en_CA, a Toronto address was mislocated. It worked using en_US and adding "Canada" to the query.

      Using a count of 1 and locale of en_CA returned a US location for a Canadian address (Jasper, TN instead of Jasper, ON).

      The following params resolved all these issues:

      Include "Canada" in q param.
      flags=JC
      gflags=Q
      count=10

      It appears that some regions have been assigned the wrong locale (ie. Toronto in en_US). By not including the locale, I seem to be getting more accurate results by simply including the country in the location query.