Rate Limit Exceeded ???

  • nick c
    Message 1 of 4 , May 18, 2013
      anyone got any ideas on why I get this returned?

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <yahoo:error xmlns:yahoo="http://yahooapis.com/v1/base.rng" xml:lang="en-US"> <yahoo:description>Rate Limit Exceeded</yahoo:description> <yahoo:detail>Key has exceeded its configured rate limit.</yahoo:detail> </yahoo:error>

      by the way, love how in the dashboard it comes up as saying no billing sorted, yet there is no link to the billing! PS I have as far as im aware fixed the billing but still get the above.
    • Paymon
      Message 2 of 4 , May 18, 2013
        Hi Nick,

        The error can happen for a few reasons (different causes).
        First reason could be as the error message mentions that the rate limit of the key has exceeded (if you have actually set a daily limit
        for your BOSS AppID during the sign up process).

        At other times this error might show up, if you have tried to use your BOSS AppID (key) soon after you have signed up, and the key
        hasn't been provisioned in the system yet.(there is usually a lag time from the time the AppID generation until it actually gets provisioned).

        If you should continue to get this error, please visit the following link to file a support ticket and someone will follow up with you
        to help trouble shoot: http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/bOSS_support_Form_F.pdf

        Hope this helps.

        BOSS Team

        anyone got any ideas on why I get this returned?

        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <yahoo:error xmlns:yahoo="http://yahooapis.com/v1/base.rng" xml:lang="en-US"> <yahoo:description>Rate Limit Exceeded</yahoo:description> <yahoo:detail>Key has exceeded its configured rate limit.</yahoo:detail> </yahoo:error>

        by the way, love how in the dashboard it comes up as saying no billing sorted, yet there is no link to the billing!  PS I have as far as im aware fixed the billing but still get the above.

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            ysearchboss-digest@yahoogroups.com
            ysearchboss-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • nick c
        Message 3 of 4 , May 20, 2013
          Thank you for getting back to me.

          I dont remember setting a limit nor can I find where per project to adjust it. Only one query worked today and then rest return the same limit message!

          Please help!

          Cheers Nick

          Message 4 of 4 , May 20, 2013
            Hi Nick,

            I just emailed 'you' asking for some info, please reply to that email.

            Thanks.

            href="http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/bOSS_support_Form_F.pdf" target="_blank">http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/bOSS_support_Form_F.pdf