Can I use boss api to....

  • jd199144
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17, 2013
      Is it okay if I use your search API to run a commercial spam detection service? Using a combination of my algorithms and search results generated through your API I want to develop a service where people can enter an email and see the likely hood of it being a legitimate email or spam.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 17, 2013
        Hello
        The BOSS API service provides search data for use in a variety of search applications. The terms of use are detailed at http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/boss/tou/

        Unfortunately we are not able to provide specific legal advice since each application is very different and unique.

        You can learn more about BOSS itself at http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/

        From: jd199144 <jd199144@...>
        Date: Friday, May 17, 2013 4:49 PM
        To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [ysearchboss] Can I use boss api to....

        Message 3 of 3 , May 17, 2013

          > Hello
          > The BOSS API service provides search data for use in a variety of search applications. The terms of use are detailed at http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/boss/tou/
          >
          > Unfortunately we are not able to provide specific legal advice since each application is very different and unique.
          >
          > You can learn more about BOSS itself at http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/
          >
          > Thanks
          > BOSS Team
          >

          > From: jd199144 <jd199144@...<mailto:jd199144@...>>
          > Date: Friday, May 17, 2013 4:49 PM
          > To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>>
          > Subject: [ysearchboss] Can I use boss api to....
          >

          > Is it okay if I use your search API to run a commercial spam detection service? Using a combination of my algorithms and search results generated through your API I want to develop a service where people can enter an email and see the likely hood of it being a legitimate email or spam.

          That's just silly, who do I contact to find out the answer to my question? I have been wanting to start my yahoo boss application for weeks, I have contacted yahoo many times but received no response, is the yahoo boss contact department run by 5 year olds? I would hate to start my application then have all my services shutdown because it violates their TOS. I have gone through their TOS word for word but am still uncertain as to whether my intended use for the yahoo boss API is in violation of it.