Re: Help with Browser string

  • howardjosh1982
    Message 1 of 3 , May 16, 2013
      I am really sorry I am such a moron guys, but I need some help forming an epiphany here. I have been reviewing pages such as:
      http://developer.yahoo.com/oauth/guide/oauth-auth-flow.html

      Among many other pages on OAuth and what I just don't understand is how most of it even applies to me. I needed and signed up for yahoo credentials for what in my opinion is primarily billing reasons. I have no desire for the user to ever participate in any of this. All I want to do is use Yahoo as the backbone for a Windows 8 applications search functionality. In general there isn't a ton of OAuth code specific to the Windows 8 platform running around out there yet. Yes, there is some, but when there is this massive focus on gaining access to a users data... It just makes it really hard to filter for those of us who don't want that level of access.

      I need someone to hit me in the face with something specific to my scenario. I don't want the user to know what is going on and I just can't figure out where that cliff drop between what I want and user data.