Re: [ysearchboss] Can't get results in php

    Message 1 of 3 , May 13 10:52 PM
      In your particular case, you are pulling the response from query in to a parameter called $search_term but then looking for a query parameter called $query.

      I recommend using php.net for their intro tutorial since it is an easy way to pick the basics up.

      Best
      BOSS Team

      From: "mike.m363" <mike.m363@...>
      Date: Monday, May 13, 2013 6:35 AM
      To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [ysearchboss] Can't get results in php

      I can't seem to get the api to return results. I am still learning php, so I think the problem is in my code.

      My code is as follows:
      <form action="search.php" method="GET">
      <label for="query"> Search </label>
      <?php
      echo '<input name="query" value="' . $_GET['query'] . '">';
      ?>
      <input type="submit" value="Search">
      </form>
      <?php

      require("OAuth.php");

      $search_term = $_GET[query];
      if ($search_term != "") {

      $cc_key = "XXXXXXX";
      $cc_secret = "XXXXXX";
      $url = "http://yboss.yahooapis.com/ysearch/web";
      $args = array();
      $args["q"] = $query;
      $args["format"] = "json";

      $consumer = new OAuthConsumer($cc_key, $cc_secret);
      $request = OAuthRequest::from_consumer_and_token($consumer, NULL,"GET", $url, $args);
      $request->sign_request(new OAuthSignatureMethod_HMAC_SHA1(), $consumer, NULL);
      $url = sprintf("%s?%s", $url, OAuthUtil::build_http_query($args));
      $ch = curl_init();
      $headers = array($request->to_header());
      curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, $headers);
      curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
      curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, TRUE);
      $rsp = curl_exec($ch);
      $results = json_decode($rsp);
      print_r($results);
      }
      ?>

      The response I keep getting for every query is:
      stdClass Object ( [bossresponse] => stdClass Object ( [responsecode] => 200 [web] => stdClass Object ( [start] => 0 [count] => 0 [totalresults] => 0 ) ) )

      When I use the code found on the code examples page I get the correct json response for query "yahoo"

      Can someone please point me in the right direction?