Multi Word Queries

  • arda_kuyumcu
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2013
      Hi all,

      I'm using the Java examples (found here http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/boss_api_guide/codeexamples.html#oauth_java) in order to make queries. The API works just fine when I send single word queries such as 'Obama'. However, I get the following 401 code error when I make queries with multiple words such as 'Barack Obama':

      Error in response due to status code = 401
      <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><yahoo:error xmlns:yahoo='http://yahooapis.com/v1/base.rng' xml:lang='en-US'> <yahoo:description>Please provide valid credentials. OAuth oauth_problem="signature_invalid", realm="yahooapis.com"</yahoo:description></yahoo:error>

      Is there a reason why this is happening, and how can I fix it? I'll appreciate a response. Thanks in advance!
    • Paymon
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2013
        Make sure to encode the spaces in your queries or any '+' signs with %20

        Hope this helps.