Mininum Search Criteria

  • kwalker
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 29, 2013
      Hello,

      I would like to know the mininum search criteria to initiate a yahoo search via BOSS API.

      Thank!
    • kwalker
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 30, 2013
        Any answer on this topic? Is there a mininum search requirement for the BOSS API?

        Thanks!

        --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, "kwalker" <kwalker825@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I would like to know the mininum search criteria to initiate a yahoo search via BOSS API.
        >
        > Thank!

      • Paymon
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 30, 2013
          hi,

          Not sure I understand your question here; could you elaborate a bit more?

          Thanks!

          Any answer on this topic? Is there a mininum search requirement for the BOSS API?

          Thanks!

          --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, "kwalker" <kwalker825@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > I would like to know the mininum search criteria to initiate a yahoo search via BOSS API.
          >
          > Thank!

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              ysearchboss-digest@yahoogroups.com
              ysearchboss-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • kwalker
          Message 4 of 7 , May 1, 2013
            No problem

            My question is to initiate a yahoo search, are there any mininum search requirements that must be meet? Or is it that whatever is entered in the search, yahoo will match results based on the words or phrase entered?

            The company that I work for use Yahoo and PIPL for searches on the web. PIPL has certain search criteria that must be entered to bring back results such as first name + last name, email or screen name. I just want to know if Yahoo's BOSS API requires any minium criteria to initiate a search on the web

            Let me know if that helps.

            Message 5 of 7 , May 1, 2013
              Thanks for the clarification; based on what you've said, there is no minimum search requirement as you've put it :-)

              Cheers,
              --Paymon

              Message 6 of 7 , May 1, 2013
                to use the BOSS search API I recommend to start here: http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/boss_api_guide/
                you can find answers to your questions in the above documentation.

                Best,
                --Paymon

                My question is to initiate a yahoo search, are there any mininum search requirements that must be meet? Or is it that whatever is entered in the search, yahoo will match results based on the words or phrase entered?

                The company that I work for use Yahoo and PIPL for searches on the web. PIPL has certain search criteria that must be entered to bring back results such as first name + last name, email or screen name. I just want to know if Yahoo's BOSS API requires any minium criteria to initiate a search on the web

                Let me know if that helps.

                --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, Paymon <paymon_a@...> wrote:

                > hi,
                >
                > Not sure I understand your question here; could you elaborate a bit more?
                >
                > Thanks!

              • Kewanda Walker
                Message 7 of 7 , May 1, 2013
                  Okay. Thanks! That's what I needed to know.

                  Sent from my iPhone