Re: Geoloc Data not populated with the same criteria

  • brandchats_team
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2013
      Hi Rahul,

      The point is that when querying for different spanish cities we get the state they belong to in different manners.

      For instance:
      Query: Alicante (locale: en_US)-> Response: state: Valencia
      Query: Denia (locale: en_US) -> Response: state: Valencian Community

      The response is ok in both case, the problem is the normalization of the state, it should always be "Valencian Community" as it is the official name of that state.

      It also happens with:
      - Basque, Basque country, País Vasco
      - Castile Leon, Castilla and Leon, Castilla y Leon
      - Castilla-la Mancha, Castille la Mancha
      - Catalonia, Cataluña
      - Autonomous City of Ceuta, Ciudad Autónoma de Ceuta
      - Autonomous City of Melilla, Ciudad Autónoma de Melilla
      - Community of Madrid, Comunidad de Madrid
      - Comunidad Foral de Navarra, Navarre
      - Balearic Islands, Islas Baleares
      - Canary Islands, Islas Canarias
      - Principado de Asturias, Principality of Asturias
      - Valencia, Community of Valencia

      As you can see results are sometimes returned is spanish, despite the fact that it is always asked in en_US locale (on purpose, we need results in english). We are talking about 50% of the times in one spelling and 50% in the other one.