How to get locations of multiple cities with the same name in a country in Geo?

  • khashayar
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 22, 2013
      I tied different ways but couldn't get it.
      for instance I tried "Aberdeen" in "Australia" , which are 3 of them , but I get only one.
      any ideas
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 22, 2013
        I do something like this (add encoding when calling the API)

        /geo/placefinder?q=Aberdeen,AU&gflags=LQ&locale=AU&count=10&flags=C

        From: khashayar <khashayar@...>
        Date: Monday, April 22, 2013 6:21 PM
        To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [ysearchboss] How to get locations of multiple cities with the same name in a country in Geo?

        Aberdeen
      • khashayar
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 25, 2013
          Thanks a lot,
          It worked for me, I changed it to "/geo/placefinder?q=Aberdeen,AU&gflags=LQ&locale=AU"

          and it still works, but if you try it the other way when there is not such a location in that country, it returns you something, which is not relevant in another country(e.g. "no where" returns "Austin, Texas"!).
          Is there any way to restrict the result so if it couldn't find the address in the desired country just return no result?

          Thanks for your help.