How to use Yahoo API?

  • abhilashjamadagni
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2013
      Hello..
      I am very new to this API and i am not able to make out how this works. Please help out asap as i have to resume with my project.
      While creating the project what should i give for application URL.
      Is this okay?

      http://yboss.yahooapis.com/ysearch/web?q=

      Should i also mention the APP-ID after the query keyword in this syntax?
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 9, 2013
        Hi
        Please refer to the documentation specifically referring to the code samples http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/boss_api_guide/codeexamples.html

        We use oAuth and hence every request has to be signed.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 15, 2013
          Hello,

          Hope you are doing great.

          I am very new to YahooBossSearch and I am not getting any way to implement the YahooBossSearch Api in my iPad project.

          Please let me know if you have any link or demo project that can describe how to call search service of YahooBoss in iOS(ObjectiveC). Please reply me as soon as possible.

          We use oAuth and hence every request has to be signed.

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 15, 2013
            Hi Jack
            We unfortunately don't have code samples in objective C available today. If you do develop something please share and we will document it.

            I however recommend you use the oAuth library http://code.google.com/p/mpoauthconnection/ for integration. In terms of the actual code, you can use the basic template of the code samples (http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/geo/docs/codeexamples.html). I especially like the PHP example since it gives you a basic understanding of making the oAuth call.

            A few other notes
            1. You don't separately authorize the request since we use two legged oAuth. So no need to separately authenticate with the Y! oAuth end point. Simply sign the request and then call BOSS end point.
            2. We use HMC-SHA1
            Also check out http://code.google.com/p/mpoauthconnection/wiki/MPOAuthAPI which details how to sign the request and authenticate to BOSS.

            Best,
            Rahul