How to access more than 1000 results using BOSS API?

  • salmanghani12
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 23, 2013
      Hi

      I am trying to retrieve more than 1000 results using web and/or limitedweb services. When I try to give a start value (in my request url) greater than 1000, I receive this response:

      json2({"bossresponse":{"responsecode":"400","reason":"Parameter 'start' cannot be more than 1000"}})

      Every time I try to give a count value of more than 50 in my request url, I receive this response:

      json2({"bossresponse":{"responsecode":"400","reason":"Valid 'count' values for 'web' source are 0 to 50\""}})

      Kindly suggest me how may I receive a set of results more than 1000? In other words, how may I get access to all the results whose count is returned in the bossresponse. (For example, total results count is usually in tens of thousands of the results, but I can not access more than 1000 results in my code).

      Kindly let me know how may I do so.

      Regards
      Saima
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 23, 2013
        Hello Saima
        At this juncture, as detailed in the documentation (http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/boss_api_guide/v2_univer_api_args.html) BOSS returns a maximum of 1000 results.

        To get up to a 1000 results you can use the start and count parameter together. Here is an example

        /ysearch/web?q=ipad&format=xml&start=1&count=50
        /ysearch/web?q=ipad&format=xml&start=51&count=100

        Hope that helps

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 26, 2013
          Hello Rahul

          Thank you very much for the reply. Actually, I can already get upto 1000 results using similar query parameters you suggested me. But I want to go through "all" the results returned in a search so that I may perform my analysis on them.

          Is there any way that I can get more than 1000 results? Kindly let me know.

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 26, 2013
            We only serve a maximum of 1000 results currently.

            From: salmanghani12 <saaima.yaqub@...>
            Date: Monday, March 25, 2013 11:16 PM
            To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>