Queries per second

  • etse2013
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 21, 2013
      Hi there,

      I understand that the Yahoo! Search BOSS API allows unlimited queries, but I am just curious to know if there is any limit on the queries per second. If so, how many queries would that be?

      Thanks in advance,
      Ethan
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 21, 2013
        Thanks Ethan for the question. We do not have any documented limits on queries per second. If however, in the unlikely case that your usage provides detrimental to the overall availability of the overall service, then your usage may be throttled.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 15, 2013
          Hi Rahul,

          Thanks for your reply.  In case of any throttling, what is the expected returned response?  Is this being documented?  I'd like to ensure that we can properly handle such responds but I don't seem to be able to locate how that might look like,

          Thanks,
          Ethan.

          From: etse2013 <etse2013@...>
          Date: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:35 PM
          To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>

          --
          Cheers,
          Ray

          - With great power comes great responsibility
          - Got Blog?   http://ere1luvsray.blogspot.com/
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 15, 2013
            Hi Ethan
            To be honest, we have never had to throttle the service in two years since BOSS V2 has come out.

            But if you want to plan for it, I would check for a 999 error code for a Y! Rate Limit error.

            Regards
            Rahul