Re: Data corrections

  • ysearchboss-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 24, 2013

      Send them to this group forum and we will take it from there. The BOSS Team will evaluate your submission and provide a response to you through the forum.

      Thank you for participating and we always look for feedback to improve the BOSS product.

      Cheers!
      BOSS Team

      --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, "desausoasta" wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > Is there a way to submit corrections in the Yahoo placefinder data?

    • desausoasta
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 24, 2013
        OK - here's the first:

        The country entry for Russia has the longitude set at -74, when I believe it should just be 74.

        -d

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5, 2013
          Any update on this?

          -d

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 8 10:31 AM
            Ugh. Crickets chirping.

            I guess I'll be writing an override table to provide correct data for queries that I know Yahoo can't get right.

            Sucks getting this on a service we're paying for.

            Anyone else know of a different service that either has:
            1) better data
            or
            2) some responsive support to fix errors like this?

            Just for kicks: "New Zealand" has the same issue. Probably in inverted longitude like "Russia".

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 9 4:56 PM
              Hello
              We do periodic pushes to fix any data issues and we intend to resolve the issues you pointed out in the next fix. I unfortunately don't have a date on this but will definitely let you know when it is fixed.

              From: desausoasta <darrell.esau@...>
              Date: Monday, April 8, 2013 10:31 AM
              To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>
              Subject: [ysearchboss] Re: Data corrections