Data corrections

  • desausoasta
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 23, 2013
      Hi all,

      Is there a way to submit corrections in the Yahoo placefinder data?
    • ysearchboss-owner@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 24, 2013

        Send them to this group forum and we will take it from there. The BOSS Team will evaluate your submission and provide a response to you through the forum.

        Thank you for participating and we always look for feedback to improve the BOSS product.

        Cheers!
        BOSS Team

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 24, 2013
          OK - here's the first:

          The country entry for Russia has the longitude set at -74, when I believe it should just be 74.

          -d

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 5, 2013
            Any update on this?

            -d

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 8 10:31 AM
              Ugh. Crickets chirping.

              I guess I'll be writing an override table to provide correct data for queries that I know Yahoo can't get right.

              Sucks getting this on a service we're paying for.

              Anyone else know of a different service that either has:
              1) better data
              or
              2) some responsive support to fix errors like this?

              Just for kicks: "New Zealand" has the same issue. Probably in inverted longitude like "Russia".

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 9 4:56 PM
                Hello
                We do periodic pushes to fix any data issues and we intend to resolve the issues you pointed out in the next fix. I unfortunately don't have a date on this but will definitely let you know when it is fixed.

                From: desausoasta <darrell.esau@...>
                Date: Monday, April 8, 2013 10:31 AM
                To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>
                Subject: [ysearchboss] Re: Data corrections