Announcing Launch of Related Search keywords in BOSS Search

    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 14, 2012

      Hello All

      I am pleased to announce the launch of a new Related Search offering via BOSS. The service offers developers a way of finding related keywords associated with every search term. More details are offered in the documentation and the pricing.

      If you are a current developer, you simply need to make the API calls as described in the documentation.

      On behalf of the entire BOSS Team, I am thankful for the amazing reception the product has received. We are excited to continue to innovate on BOSS and continue building amazing things for our developers.

      Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

      Regards

      Rahul

      Product Manager, Yahoo! BOSS

    • Rakesh K
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 29, 2013
        Thanks Rahul!

        When I try to send a query request, using Yahoo BOSS api for both Web and Related Search and if I pass count parameter's value (e.g. '&count=20') it doesn't return any results and if I pass '&count=10', it returns results.

        I wanna fetch top 20 results per query and 10 Related Search results from the same feed url. And at this point I got stuck.

        Please suggest me, how to resolve this problem.

        Best regards,
        Rakesh

        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 30, 2013
          Hi Rakesh
          Here is the query I usually run

          /ysearch/web,related?q=ipad&format=xml&web.count=20&related.count=10

          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 30, 2013
            Thank you very much BOSS Team for this guidance!

            --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, Rahul Hampole wrote:

            > Hi Rakesh
            > Here is the query I usually run
            >
            > /ysearch/web,related?q=ipad&format=xml&web.count=20&related.count=10
            >
            > You can see more samples in the docs http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/boss_api_guide/msk_syntax2.html
            >
            > Thanks
            > BOSS Team
            >

            > From: Rakesh K >
            > Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:13 PM
            > To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com " >
            > Subject: [ysearchboss] Re: Announcing Launch of Related Search keywords in BOSS Search
            >
            > Thanks Rahul!
            >
            > When I try to send a query request, using Yahoo BOSS api for both Web and Related Search and if I pass count parameter's value (e.g. '&count=20') it doesn't return any results and if I pass '&count=10', it returns results.
            >
            > I wanna fetch top 20 results per query and 10 Related Search results from the same feed url. And at this point I got stuck.
            >
            > Please suggest me, how to resolve this problem.
            >
            > Best regards,
            > Rakesh

          • kjdeelstra
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 31, 2013
              Hi Rahul,
              just stumbled on this. Is it working in all languages stated her?
              http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/boss_api_guide/supp_regions_lang.html#v2_markets

              /ysearch/related?q=ipad&format=xml&related.count=10

              how to add the region-language? Here is stated it only works for web:
              http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/boss_api_guide/webv2_lang_region.html

              is it this:

              /ysearch/related?q=ipad&format=xml&market=nl-nl&related.count=10

              --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, Rahul Hampole wrote:

              > Hello All
              > I am pleased to announce the launch of a new Related Search offering via BOSS. The service offers developers a way of finding related keywords associated with every search term. More details are offered in the documentation and the pricing .
              >
              > If you are a current developer, you simply need to make the API calls as described in the documentation.
              >
              > On behalf of the entire BOSS Team, I am thankful for the amazing reception the product has received. We are excited to continue to innovate on BOSS and continue building amazing things for our developers.
              >
              > Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
              >
              > Regards
              > Rahul
              > Product Manager, Yahoo! BOSS

            • Rakesh K
              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 4, 2013
                Hi Rahul,

                The feed
                ysearch/web,related?q=ipad&format=xml&web.count=20&related.count=10...

                is working for English and some of other languages too. But when I try for German (...ysearch/web,related?q=ipad&format=xml&web.count=20&related.count=10&market=fr-fr)

                it's NOT working.

                Could you let me know, does related search support for German language?

                Regards,
                Rakesh

                --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, Rahul Hampole wrote:

                > Hi Rakesh
                > Here is the query I usually run
                >
                > /ysearch/web,related?q=ipad&format=xml&web.count=20&related.count=10
                >
                > You can see more samples in the docs http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/boss_api_guide/msk_syntax2.html
                >
                > Thanks
                > BOSS Team
                >

                > From: Rakesh K >
                > Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:13 PM
                > To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com " >
                > Subject: [ysearchboss] Re: Announcing Launch of Related Search keywords in BOSS Search
                >
                > Thanks Rahul!
                >
                > When I try to send a query request, using Yahoo BOSS api for both Web and Related Search and if I pass count parameter's value (e.g. '&count=20') it doesn't return any results and if I pass '&count=10', it returns results.
                >
                > I wanna fetch top 20 results per query and 10 Related Search results from the same feed url. And at this point I got stuck.
                >
                > Please suggest me, how to resolve this problem.
                >
                > Best regards,
                > Rakesh

              • Rakesh K
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 4, 2013
                  Hi Rahul,

                  The feed
                  ysearch/web,related?q=ipad&format=xml&web.count=20&related.count=10...

                  is working for English and some of other languages too. But when I try for
                  German
                  (...ysearch/web,related?q=ipad&format=xml&web.count=20&related.count=10&market=de-de)

                  --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, "Rakesh K" wrote:

                  > Hi Rahul,
                  >
                  > The feed
                  > ysearch/web,related?q=ipad&format=xml&web.count=20&related.count=10...
                  >
                  > is working for English and some of other languages too. But when I try for German (...ysearch/web,related?q=ipad&format=xml&web.count=20&related.count=10&market=fr-fr)
                  >
                  > it's NOT working.
                  >
                  > Could you let me know, does related search support for German language?
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  > Rakesh
                  >

                  > --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, Rahul Hampole wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi Rakesh
                  > > Here is the query I usually run
                  > >
                  > > /ysearch/web,related?q=ipad&format=xml&web.count=20&related.count=10
                  > >
                  > > You can see more samples in the docs http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/boss_api_guide/msk_syntax2.html
                  > >
                  > > Thanks
                  > > BOSS Team
                  > >

                  > > From: Rakesh K >
                  > > Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:13 PM
                  > > To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com " >
                  > > Subject: [ysearchboss] Re: Announcing Launch of Related Search keywords in BOSS Search
                  > >
                  > > Thanks Rahul!
                  > >
                  > > When I try to send a query request, using Yahoo BOSS api for both Web and Related Search and if I pass count parameter's value (e.g. '&count=20') it doesn't return any results and if I pass '&count=10', it returns results.
                  > >
                  > > I wanna fetch top 20 results per query and 10 Related Search results from the same feed url. And at this point I got stuck.
                  > >
                  > > Please suggest me, how to resolve this problem.
                  > >
                  > > Best regards,
                  > > Rakesh

                • Rakesh K
                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 4, 2013
                    Hi Rahul,

                    The feed

                    Message 9 of 19 , Feb 4, 2013
                      Hi Rakesh
                      Thanks for the question. We are rolling out Also Try in other languages outside US. We will have an update in the coming weeks for this. Please stay tuned.

                      Regards
                      Rahul
                      Product Manager, Yahoo! BOSS

                      From: Rakesh K <rakesh.kr@...>
                      Date: Monday, February 4, 2013 4:54 AM
                      To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>

                      Hi Rahul,

                      The feed
                      ysearch/web,related?q=ipad&format=xml&web.count=20&related.count=10...

                      is working for English and some of other languages too. But when I try for German (...ysearch/web,related?q=ipad&format=xml&web.count=20&related.count=10&market=fr-fr)

                      it's NOT working.

                      Could you let me know, does related search support for German language?

                      Regards,
                      Rakesh

                      --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, Rahul Hampole wrote:

                      > Hi Rakesh
                      > Here is the query I usually run
                      >
                      > /ysearch/web,related?q=ipad&format=xml&web.count=20&related.count=10
                      >
                      > You can see more samples in the docs http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/boss_api_guide/msk_syntax2.html
                      >
                      > Thanks
                      > BOSS Team
                      >

                      > From: Rakesh K >
                      > Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:13 PM
                      > To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com " >
                      > Subject: [ysearchboss] Re: Announcing Launch of Related Search keywords in BOSS Search
                      >
                      > Thanks Rahul!
                      >
                      > When I try to send a query request, using Yahoo BOSS api for both Web and Related Search and if I pass count parameter's value (e.g. '&count=20') it doesn't return any results and if I pass '&count=10', it returns results.
                      >
                      > I wanna fetch top 20 results per query and 10 Related Search results from the same feed url. And at this point I got stuck.
                      >
                      > Please suggest me, how to resolve this problem.
                      >
                      > Best regards,
                      > Rakesh

                    • Rakesh K
                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 13, 2013
                        Any news regarding rolling out German version of Related search?

                        Regards,
                        Rakesh

                        --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, Rahul Hampole wrote:

                        > Hi Rakesh
                        > Thanks for the question. We are rolling out Also Try in other languages outside US. We will have an update in the coming weeks for this. Please stay tuned.
                        >
                        > Regards
                        > Rahul
                        > Product Manager, Yahoo! BOSS
                        >
                        > From: Rakesh K >
                        > Date: Monday, February 4, 2013 4:54 AM
                        > To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com " >
                        > Subject: [ysearchboss] Re: Announcing Launch of Related Search keywords in BOSS Search
                        >

                        > Hi Rahul,
                        >
                        > The feed
                        > ysearch/web,related?q=ipad&format=xml&web.count=20&related.count=10...
                        >
                        > is working for English and some of other languages too. But when I try for German (...ysearch/web,related?q=ipad&format=xml&web.count=20&related.count=10&market=fr-fr)
                        >
                        > it's NOT working.
                        >
                        > Could you let me know, does related search support for German language?
                        >
                        > Regards,
                        > Rakesh
                        >
                        > --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com , Rahul Hampole wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Hi Rakesh
                        > > Here is the query I usually run
                        > >
                        > > /ysearch/web,related?q=ipad&format=xml&web.count=20&related.count=10
                        > >
                        > > You can see more samples in the docs http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/boss_api_guide/msk_syntax2.html
                        > >
                        > > Thanks
                        > > BOSS Team
                        > >

                        > > From: Rakesh K >
                        > > Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:13 PM
                        > > To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com " >
                        > > Subject: [ysearchboss] Re: Announcing Launch of Related Search keywords in BOSS Search
                        > >
                        > > Thanks Rahul!
                        > >
                        > > When I try to send a query request, using Yahoo BOSS api for both Web and Related Search and if I pass count parameter's value (e.g. '&count=20') it doesn't return any results and if I pass '&count=10', it returns results.
                        > >
                        > > I wanna fetch top 20 results per query and 10 Related Search results from the same feed url. And at this point I got stuck.
                        > >
                        > > Please suggest me, how to resolve this problem.
                        > >
                        > > Best regards,
                        > > Rakesh

                      • Rakesh K
                        Message 11 of 19 , Mar 3, 2013
                          Hi Rahul,

                          When you are rolling out German version of BOSS Related search?

                          Regards,
                          Rakesh

                          Message 12 of 19 , Mar 28, 2013
                            Hello Rakesh
                            We now have related search in a lot of markets as provided here http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/boss_api_guide/supp_regions_lang.html#v2_markets

                            From: Rakesh K <rakesh.kr@...>
                            Date: Sunday, March 3, 2013 9:41 PM
                            To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>

                            Hi Rahul,

                            When you are rolling out German version of BOSS Related search?

                            Regards,
                            Rakesh

                            --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, Rahul Hampole wrote:

                            > Hello All
                            > I am pleased to announce the launch of a new Related Search offering via BOSS. The service offers developers a way of finding related keywords associated with every search term. More details are offered in the documentationhttp://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/boss_api_guide/related.html> and the pricinghttp://developer.yahoo.com/search/boss/#pricing>.
                            >
                            > If you are a current developer, you simply need to make the API calls as described in the documentation.
                            >
                            > On behalf of the entire BOSS Team, I am thankful for the amazing reception the product has received. We are excited to continue to innovate on BOSS and continue building amazing things for our developers.
                            >
                            > Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
                            >
                            > Regards
                            > Rahul
                            > Product Manager, Yahoo! BOSS

                          • Rakesh K
                            Message 13 of 19 , Apr 2 8:59 PM
                              Thank you so much BOSS Team!

                              Regards,
                              Rakesh

                              > Hello Rakesh
                              > We now have related search in a lot of markets as provided here http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/boss_api_guide/supp_regions_lang.html#v2_markets
                              >
                              > Thanks
                              > BOSS Team
                              >

                              > From: Rakesh K <rakesh.kr@...<mailto:rakesh.kr@...>>
                              > Date: Sunday, March 3, 2013 9:41 PM
                              > To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>>
                              > Subject: [ysearchboss] Re: Announcing Launch of Related Search keywords in BOSS Search
                              >

                              > Hi Rahul,
                              >
                              > When you are rolling out German version of BOSS Related search?
                              >
                              > Regards,
                              > Rakesh
                              >
                              > --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss%40yahoogroups.com>, Rahul Hampole wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Hello All
                              > > I am pleased to announce the launch of a new Related Search offering via BOSS. The service offers developers a way of finding related keywords associated with every search term. More details are offered in the documentationhttp://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/boss_api_guide/related.html> and the pricinghttp://developer.yahoo.com/search/boss/#pricing>.
                              > >
                              > > If you are a current developer, you simply need to make the API calls as described in the documentation.
                              > >
                              > > On behalf of the entire BOSS Team, I am thankful for the amazing reception the product has received. We are excited to continue to innovate on BOSS and continue building amazing things for our developers.
                              > >
                              > > Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
                              > >
                              > > Regards
                              > > Rahul
                              > > Product Manager, Yahoo! BOSS

                            • Rakesh K
                              Message 14 of 19 , Apr 8 11:53 PM
                                Hi BOSS Team,

                                Thank you for providing related search in other languages too.

                                I tried and it worked for French and some other languages (e.g. &market=fr-fr) but when I tried for German version (&market=de-de) it's NOT working.

                                Does the 'Related Search' doesn't support for German version?

                                Regards,
                                Rakesh

                                For example,

                                Message 15 of 19 , Apr 9 4:53 PM
                                  Hi Rakesh
                                  Unfortunately we don't have Germany as a market currently. We will explore how we can add it in. We fixed the error in the docs.

                                  From: Rakesh K <rakesh.kr@...>
                                  Date: Monday, April 8, 2013 11:53 PM
                                  To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>

                                  Hi BOSS Team,

                                  Thank you for providing related search in other languages too.

                                  I tried and it worked for French and some other languages (e.g. &market=fr-fr) but when I tried for German version (&market=de-de) it's NOT working.

                                  Does the 'Related Search' doesn't support for German version?

                                  Regards,
                                  Rakesh

                                  For example,

                                  > Hello Rakesh
                                  > We now have related search in a lot of markets as provided here http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/boss_api_guide/supp_regions_lang.html#v2_markets
                                  >
                                  > Thanks
                                  > BOSS Team
                                  >

                                  > From: Rakesh K <rakesh.kr@...<mailto:rakesh.kr@...>>
                                  > Date: Sunday, March 3, 2013 9:41 PM
                                  > To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>>
                                  > Subject: [ysearchboss] Re: Announcing Launch of Related Search keywords in BOSS Search
                                  >

                                  > Hi Rahul,
                                  >
                                  > When you are rolling out German version of BOSS Related search?
                                  >
                                  > Regards,
                                  > Rakesh
                                  >
                                  > --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss%40yahoogroups.com>, Rahul Hampole wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Hello All
                                  > > I am pleased to announce the launch of a new Related Search offering via BOSS. The service offers developers a way of finding related keywords associated with every search term. More details are offered in the documentationhttp://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/boss_api_guide/related.html> and the pricinghttp://developer.yahoo.com/search/boss/#pricing>.
                                  > >
                                  > > If you are a current developer, you simply need to make the API calls as described in the documentation.
                                  > >
                                  > > On behalf of the entire BOSS Team, I am thankful for the amazing reception the product has received. We are excited to continue to innovate on BOSS and continue building amazing things for our developers.
                                  > >
                                  > > Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
                                  > >
                                  > > Regards
                                  > > Rahul
                                  > > Product Manager, Yahoo! BOSS

                                • Rakesh K
                                  Message 16 of 19 , May 31, 2013
                                    When we query for a seach like: nodisfinfo

                                    (http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGdUngfqhRaFcAmNdXNyoA?p=nodisfinfo&fr2=sb-top)

                                    Boss API returns irrelavant and unmatched results. The results containing words like "Nudist Info" (instead of word 'nodisfinfo'). Please see the results snapshot below.

                                    Is there any way (by using a parameter) to FILTER OUT this kind of IRRELEVANT and UNMATCHED results?

                                    Please suggest something.

                                    Regards,
                                    Rakesh

                                    Please the BOSS results returned for the search: nodisfinfo

                                    disinformation | everything you know is wrong
                                    Disinformation is a search service for those seeking factual information on current affairs, politics and new science media stories. Features censored and 'hidden ...
                                    http://disinfo.com/

                                    http://www.nudist.info/
                                    Nudist Singles - The best nudist dating site
                                    The best dating site for nudist singles. Where nudists, naturists, and men and women in favor of clothing optional lifestyles meet their match.

                                    http://www.sydneynudistinfo.com/index.html
                                    Sydney nudist information - Sydney nudist information
                                    Sydney's legal nude beach and nudist social club information site _

                                    http://www.seekon.com/R/Nudism/
                                    Nudism Info - SeekOn Search System - Local Information for ...
                                    SeekOn Nudism Site Catalog. ... Add this page to your Favorites! | TechLibrary. Dragonfly Naturists - A forum for sharing information and making new friends who are ...

                                    http://www.nudistbeaches.info/
                                    Nudist Beach Guide to the World for Naturists and Nudists
                                    An interactive, map-based tourist guide to the world's nudist beaches. Click on the maps for a description of each nude beach and first hand beach reports written by ...

> [...]
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Hello All
                                    > > > I am pleased to announce the launch of a new Related Search offering via BOSS. The service offers developers a way of finding related keywords associated with every search term. More details are offered in the documentationhttp://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/boss_api_guide/related.html> and the pricinghttp://developer.yahoo.com/search/boss/#pricing>.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > If you are a current developer, you simply need to make the API calls as described in the documentation.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > On behalf of the entire BOSS Team, I am thankful for the amazing reception the product has received. We are excited to continue to innovate on BOSS and continue building amazing things for our developers.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

                                  • Ixquick Board
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Jul 9, 2013

                                      Hi Boss team,

                                      Are there alternative payment methods fro yahoo boss than having to pay through credit cards?
                                      It is giving me a lot of troubles for various reasons.
                                      Please advice at beens@...

                                      Kind regards,
                                      Robert
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Jul 10, 2013
                                        Hi Robert
                                        We also accept Paypal and this can be configured via http://billing.yahoo.com . The Paypal account can in turn be tied to a bank account as well.

                                        Message 19 of 19 , Oct 5, 2013

                                          Hi Boss Team,

                                          Request 1:
                                          We are currently doing  hundreds of thousands of $ customer of Boss per year.
                                          I have been unable to log in to your billings section for the past 3 days, while i need to change Credit cards again as the amount of transactions cut of the card again.
                                          I have tried to log in from different IP addresses  (2x NL 1x USA) , platforms (PC / Mac) ans browsers( FF Safari Chrome) and been unable to log in.
                                          I can read my email and see my accounts setting but once trying to go to "billing information" it asks me to again enter my password after which the system hangs and finally times out. I still have a few days left to update CC info but  than the Boss fucntionality will be ended which will cause a lot of economical damage and loss of revenue to Yahoo.
                                          You online support people have not been able to help me at all- nor been able to provide an alternative  tel number for help on this matter.

                                          Online billing actions have always been very cumbersome due to long login time (often with time-outs) but come to a complete halt over the last days.
                                          Can i communicate directly with someone by phone on this topic?

                                          Request 2:
                                          The current payment system of credit cards is causing me a lot of problems.
                                          I am using 3 different credit cards to keep the charges current - as the high amount of smaller charges trigger anti-fraud protections at my bank.
                                          Is there a way to do a prepaid bank wire somehow?

                                          Kind regards,
                                          Robert Beens