Will news results be different in Boss V2?

  • Joseph
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2010
      Going by this sentence "Core web and image results will eventually be powered by the Microsoft search platform" it appears news results will not be powered by Bing in V2?

      What changes, if any, will news see?

      I ask because right now I am pulling news results from Bing for unscatter.com, but have been considering getting actual search results from Boss, as it frees me up to be able to manage advertising on those pages. Boss news doesn't offer the ability (that I know of) to get generic top results, so I will probably have to keep Bing powering those landing pages I assume?

      I plan on eventually looking back at the original project I started playing with boss for at some point, and the main interest there was news as well.

      Also, will generic YQL queries for search and news cease to work when V2 comes out as everything will have to be oauth enabled? I was contemplating pulling some content via javascript in order to save bandwidth by not having to act a proxy between the browser and the content when possible for non core related content.
    • kaveh tahernam
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2010
        ???!!!!!
        why do people ask stupid question some time?
        go and make a test! ;)

        On 11/1/10, Joseph <jrussbowman@...> wrote:
        > Going by this sentence "Core web and image results will eventually be
        > powered by the Microsoft search platform" it appears news results will not
        > be powered by Bing in V2?
        >
        > What changes, if any, will news see?
        >
        > I ask because right now I am pulling news results from Bing for
        > unscatter.com, but have been considering getting actual search results from
        > Boss, as it frees me up to be able to manage advertising on those pages.
        > Boss news doesn't offer the ability (that I know of) to get generic top
        > results, so I will probably have to keep Bing powering those landing pages I
        > assume?
        >
        > I plan on eventually looking back at the original project I started playing
        > with boss for at some point, and the main interest there was news as well.
        >
        > Also, will generic YQL queries for search and news cease to work when V2
        > comes out as everything will have to be oauth enabled? I was contemplating
        > pulling some content via javascript in order to save bandwidth by not having
        > to act a proxy between the browser and the content when possible for non
        > core related content.

      • Joseph
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2010
          I can't test results for an api that hasn't been released. :)

          The announcement appears to preclude news results coming from Bing, which is why I ask.

          --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, kaveh tahernam <kavehtahernam@...> wrote:

          > ???!!!!!
          > why do people ask stupid question some time?
          > go and make a test! ;)
          >
          > On 11/1/10, Joseph <jrussbowman@...> wrote:
          > > Going by this sentence "Core web and image results will eventually be
          > > powered by the Microsoft search platform" it appears news results will not
          > > be powered by Bing in V2?
          > >
          > > What changes, if any, will news see?
          > >
          > > I ask because right now I am pulling news results from Bing for
          > > unscatter.com, but have been considering getting actual search results from
          > > Boss, as it frees me up to be able to manage advertising on those pages.
          > > Boss news doesn't offer the ability (that I know of) to get generic top
          > > results, so I will probably have to keep Bing powering those landing pages I
          > > assume?
          > >
          > > I plan on eventually looking back at the original project I started playing
          > > with boss for at some point, and the main interest there was news as well.
          > >
          > > Also, will generic YQL queries for search and news cease to work when V2
          > > comes out as everything will have to be oauth enabled? I was contemplating
          > > pulling some content via javascript in order to save bandwidth by not having
          > > to act a proxy between the browser and the content when possible for non
          > > core related content.

        • kaveh tahernam
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2010
            sure it would be different from bing