parsing advice needed

  • schn1b1tz
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 2008
      Hi Everyone,
      What's the best language (I'm thinking PHP) to parse XML with?
      Alternatively, is there a better way to handle grabbing the data
      returned from the search?

      Thank you,
      -S
    • dmontal2
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 12, 2008
        S,

        PHP works really well with the Developer API and BOSS API. Have not encountered any
        problems parsing XML with PHP.

        --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, "schn1b1tz" <schnibitz@...> wrote:

        > Hi Everyone,
        > What's the best language (I'm thinking PHP) to parse XML with?
        > Alternatively, is there a better way to handle grabbing the data
        > returned from the search?
        >
        > Thank you,
        > -S

      • Isofarro
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 12, 2008
          schn1b1tz wrote:

          > Hi Everyone,
          > What's the best language (I'm thinking PHP) to parse XML with?

          Any language that supports XPath is going to make dealing with the XML a
          doddle.

          > Alternatively, is there a better way to handle grabbing the data
          > returned from the search?

          I'm getting a JSON response, and then in PHP 5, running a json_decode
          which gives me back a PHP object structure that I can immediately deal with.