Re: [ysearchboss] Developer Key Questions

  • Isofarro
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2008
      anshu bansal wrote:
      > Hi Mike,
      >
      > I was reading your emails from this group. Looks like you are able to
      > run pretty good test. I tried to register to get an API key but somehow
      > yahoo boss is unable to verify my domain.
      > I was using GOOGLE PAGES for this.
      >
      > Just wondering if it is possible for you to post some sample code/form
      > to test BOSS Api.

      You can test the BOSS api by creating a URL and trying it in your
      browser. So for example (insert your appid instead of {appid here}:

      http://boss.yahooapis.com/ysearch/web/v1/london+rain?appid={appid
      here}&format=xml

      That should return an XML response that you can see in your browser
      (when you have a valid appid). Without a valid appid, you'll see an XML
      document starting <yahoo:error> saying access is forbidden.

      All I'm doing is creating the URL, with a format=json (which is the
      default format), calling it using a socket library, that returns a JSON
      response that I just run through json_decode() to give me a php object.

      Mike