      From: "saweniger@..." <saweniger@...>
      Date: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:43 PM
      To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [ysearchboss] RE: BOSS API web search returns no results

      Same here too. Normal search query like 'cats and dogs'  returns sometimes no results.

      Sascha

      ---In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, <dev_50kft@...> wrote:

      yep, I'm seeing the same thing, especially searching for non-celebrity names, like <first-name> <last-name>

       => {"bossresponse"=>{"re! sponsecode"=>"200", "web"=>{"start"=>"0", "count"=>"0", "totalresults"=>"0"}}}

      just me? what searches are others using that receive no results?

      Keith

      ---In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, <hiattp@...&g! t; wrote:

      Just FYI I'm still seeing this issue, albeit not as frequently as before.

      ---In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, <hiattp@...> wrote:

      We are trying to offer yahoo web results to our users and are piloting with ~100 queries per day. For approximately 10% of the queries (depending on the day), I get the following response:
      {"bossresponse"=>{"responsecode"=>"200", "web"=>{"start"=>"0", "count"=>"0", "totalresults"=>"0"}}}
      If I execute the exact same query upon receiving no results, I'll get results (90% of the time). What might explain this? It is concerning on two levels:
      1. My users get no results (or a delay while I retry the request)
      2. Given this is a paid API, I'm paying for failed requests
      Is this a known issue that I can avoid somehow? Sometimes our requests come quickly back-to-back, is there a rate limit that I missed?
      !

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic