5722Re: [ysearchboss] Error when trying to do spelling with "odd" characters

    Nov 7, 2013
      Hi Nathan
      Have you tried using a different Spelling market parameter? The problem is that the accented e does not exist in english and hence it causing issues.

      From: "nathan.toone@..." <nathan.toone@...>
      Date: Wednesday, November 6, 2013 4:11 PM
      To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [ysearchboss] Error when trying to do spelling with &quot;odd&quot; characters

      When I make the following request:

      /ysearch/web,spelling?web.market=en-us&web.count=50&web.start=0&web.q=th%C3%A9%20test&web.view=language&spelling.market=en-us&spelling.q=th%C3%A9%20test&format=json

      I get a 500 Internal Server Error with the following message:
      "BOSSSpellProvider:cannot parse result"

      I believe it is due to the accented 'é' character...just searching for "the%20test" doesn't crash it - nor does searching for 'th%C3%A9'.  It also works just fine when doing web-only (no spelling).  It appears to happen in combination with the word "thé" with multiple words.  It's not limited to just the odd character though, because doing a query for "tést this" doesn't crash either (though querying for "thé this" will)

      Is there anything I can do to fix this?  I am able to parse the response, and if it is that error string, I can send the request again, minus the spelling portion - however, am I charged for the request that came back with the 500 error?

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic