5710Re: [ysearchboss] RE: Exact phrase search is not working

  • Alain Désilets
    Nov 4, 2013

      On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 4:18 AM, <benksandrew@...> wrote:

      Why has no one replied yet? This group is my last hope, as Yahoo suport is not responding at ALL.

      Didn't you see the message I sent 6h or so ago. I'm rewriting it below (with some minor modifications).

      ---

      We too have had problems with exact expressions. The way we deal with it is by ANDing all the terms and then applying a filter to only keep the hits that contain the full expression in their long summaries (or a reasonable facsimile of it, for example, at least 2/3 of the non stopword stems, and in the right order ).

      This approach is not full proof for two reasons:

      - Sometimes, most of the hits found contain all the words, but not in sequence, eventhough there would have  been enough pages with those words in sequence to fill your whole list of hits. In that situation, you end up with much less filtered hits than you should have gotten.

      - Sometimes, the summary produced by Yahoo doesn't contain the exact expression, nor a close approximation of it, eventhough the complete page itself did contain the exact expression.

      ---

      Alain
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic