5664RE: Syntax for Boolean searches

  • 3f363aaca36e0a0c72c36e0d8ab0a832
    Oct 20, 2013

      sorry to bump: but did anyone experience the same or alternatively has success using boolean searches?

      ---In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, <bwaltherb@...> wrote:

      Hi there

      Can someone point me out how to correctly do boolean searches as
      http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/boss_api_guide/v2_univer_api_args.html#v2_univer_api_query
      does not seem to help.

      I get completely seemingly random results as follows (note the spaces):

      (TermA)AND(TermB) -> 28 results
      (TermA) AND (TermB)-> 0 results
      (TermA) AND (TermB) AND (TermC) -> 2 results
      (TermA)AND (TermB) -> 7 results
      (TermA)AND((TermB)) -> 1 result
      (TermA) AND ((TermB)) -> 3 results
      (TermA) AND (TermB OR TermC) -> 0 results
      (TermA)AND((TermB)OR(TermC)) -> 0 results
      (TermA)AND((TermB)AND(TermC)) -> 0 results
      (TermA)AND((TermB)AND(TermC)) -> 0 results

      additional parameters we use: abstract=long&format=json&market=en-us

      I do urlencode this query string. Same issues when not urlencoding.

      Thanks Ben
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic