5588RE: BOSS API web search returns no results

  • phiatt72
    Sep 30, 2013

      Just FYI I'm still seeing this issue, albeit not as frequently as before.

      ---In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, <hiattp@...> wrote:

      We are trying to offer yahoo web results to our users and are piloting with ~100 queries per day. For approximately 10% of the queries (depending on the day), I get the following response:
      {"bossresponse"=>{"responsecode"=>"200", "web"=>{"start"=>"0", "count"=>"0", "totalresults"=>"0"}}}
      If I execute the exact same query upon receiving no results, I'll get results (90% of the time). What might explain this? It is concerning on two levels:
      1. My users get no results (or a delay while I retry the request)
      2. Given this is a paid API, I'm paying for failed requests
      Is this a known issue that I can avoid somehow? Sometimes our requests come quickly back-to-back, is there a rate limit that I missed?
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic