5454Re: Sudden Drop in YBoss PlaceSpotter Quality?

  • afar7520
    Jul 15, 2013
      Thanks for getting back to me.

      I just tried with this url:

      http://yboss.yahooapis.com/geo/placespotter?documentType=text%2Fplain&outputType=json&documentContent=oak%2520park%2C%2520il

      And it returned an empty array/

      It looks like the only difference between my and your request is the encoding on the document content.

      Do you have any documentation for the preferred encoding format?

      Thanks,

      Evan

      > Hi Evan
      > I tried this request out and see the request/response. This is the exact same result as the YQL query as well. I think there is something different in the query you are passing. I also tried different variants with no quotes, etc.
      >

      > http://yboss.yahooapis.com/geo/placespotter?documentContent="oak park, illinois"&outputType=xml&documentType=text%2Fplain
      >
      > <bossresponse responsecode="200">
      > <placespotter count="1">
      > <document>
      > <administrativescope>
      > <woeid>2463174</woeid>
      > <type>Town</type>
      > <name>Oak Park, IL, US</name>
      > <centroid>
      > <latitude>41.88</latitude>
      > <longitude>-87.7789</longitude>
      > </centroid>
      > </administrativescope>
      > <geographicscope>
      > <woeid>2463174</woeid>
      > <type>Town</type>
      > <name>Oak Park, IL, US</name>
      > <centroid>
      > <latitude>41.88</latitude>
      > <longitude>-87.7789</longitude>
      > </centroid>
      > </geographicscope>
      > <localscopes>
      > <localscope>
      > <woeid>2463174</woeid>
      > <type>Town</type>
      > <name>Oak Park, IL, US (Town)</name>
      > <centroid>
      > <latitude>41.88</latitude>
      > <longitude>-87.7789</longitude>
      > </centroid>
      >

      > Best
      > Rahul
      >

      > From: afar7520 <afar7520@...<mailto:afar7520@...>>
      > Date: Friday, July 12, 2013 10:17 AM
      > To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>>
      > Subject: [ysearchboss] Re: Sudden Drop in YBoss PlaceSpotter Quality?
      >

      > Hi Rahul,
      >
      > Thank you. But I would please urge that you look at this quickly. We are paying quite a lot to hit your API (something like $200/month) and the response time on this issue has been very disappointing.
      >
      > ~ Evan
      >
      > --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss%40yahoogroups.com>, Rahul Hampole <rhampole@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Evan
      > > Give me a day or two and I need to do some tests using oAuth. I tried this with the YQL query and it works fine http://y.ahoo.it/p0O0o so guessing this has something do with encoding.

> [...]