5425Re: Sudden Drop in YBoss PlaceSpotter Quality?

  • afar7520
    Jul 8 1:52 PM
      Hi Rahul,

      Not really sure what you are asking. Since I'm using OAuth, I can't exactly drop in a URL right here to make it clear.

      I'm hitting this url:

      ENDPOINT = "http://yboss.yahooapis.com/geo/placespotter

      With these parameters:

      {
      documentType: 'text/plain',
      outputType: 'json',
      documentContent: URI.escape(" my content goes here! " )
      }

      And I'm using this sort of OAuth (ruby snippet);

      OAuth::Consumer.new(APP_ID, APP_SECRET, {
      :site => "https://api.login.yahoo.com/oauth/v2/ ",
      :request_token_path => "/oauth/v2/get_request_token",
      :access_token_path => "/oauth/v2/get_token",
      :authorize_path => "/oauth/v2/request_auth",
      :signature_method => "HMAC-SHA1"})

      But have you looked at the examples I posted in my original question? Have you tried those internally against the Placespotter? Can you please tell me if I should be expecting better results?

      Thanks,

      Evan

      > Apologies on not getting back on this. We missed your earlier question.
      >
      > Can you provide the full call you are making?
      >
      > Regards
      > BOSS Team
      >

      > From: afar7520 <afar7520@...<mailto:afar7520@...>>
      > Date: Tuesday, July 2, 2013 10:34 AM
      > To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>>
      > Subject: [ysearchboss] Re: Sudden Drop in YBoss PlaceSpotter Quality?
      >

      > Is anyone listening at Yahoo? This issue is very detrimental to my work. Likewise, we are still paying for these API calls which are no longer giving valid responses.
      >
      > --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ysearchboss%40yahoogroups.com>, "afar7520" <afar7520@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I've been using YBoss PlaceSpotter for several months now, but recently, I've noticed a dramatic change in the quality of the results.
      > >
      > > For example, if I hit the service with the string "oak park illinois" it returns a Status Code 200 with a blank body.
      > >
      > > If I hit the service with the string "oak park, illinois" it returns a 200 and a blank body.
      > >
      > > HOWEVER, if I hit the service with "oak park,illinois" [notice I've removed a space], I get the response:
      > >
      > > {"administrativescope"=>
      > > {"woeid"=>"2347572",
      > > "type"=>"State",
      > >
      > > Any idea why this may have changed? And why this is being suddenly fickle?
      > >
      > > This is via http://yboss.yahooapis.com/geo/placespotter

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic