5331Re: Help with Browser string

  • kid_meier
    May 16, 2013

      Unless I am mistaken, each request to Yboss needs to contain a valid OAauth header. I'm pretty fuzzy on the actual details of how its constructed, but it contains some sort of signature based on the content of the request, your API key + secret.

      It isn't trivial to hand-craft a valid request, you're better off using a tool that can send OAuth-signed REST requests.

      For example, I use a Firefox extension called "RESTClient" (ref: restclient.net) which will generate a valid OAuth header given an API key+secret.

      /mike.

      --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, "howardjosh1982" <howardjosh1982@...> wrote:

      > I have been trying to figure out how to compose a single string to return some xml search results with some difficulty. Either this API can't do what I am attempting to do (seen several other that can) or I am just missing something. In this string I am attempting to get the search results from site:gamefly.com and keyword:sports
      >
      > http://yboss.yahooapis.com/ysearch/limitedweb?q=sports&sites=gamefly.com&start=0&format=xml&api_key=[My Consumer Key]
      >
      > If anyone could please line me out on this I would really appreciate it. I've been through the documentation and couldn't find an example that could simply be copied, updated with my key, and pasted into a browser address bar to let me see what the results look like.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic