RE: Why the Rossmoor GRF Should Be Declared An Association, No. 4, "Assessments"

  • Apushark
    Message 1 of 21 , May 15, 2013

      Jack,

      what incentives can you think of that might motivate the Board to change?  What would convince the boards of the Mutuals?

      As we have learned from the Events Center decision making, neither polite pleas by residents nor shrill broadsides and ad hominem attacks seem to motivate the GRF Board to act in accordance with the our wishes.

      Seems to me that unless we can demonstrate that change is to the advantage of the powers that are, the probability of success is even considerably less than the chances of Rossmoor being destroyed by an earthquake.

      I happen to disagree strongly with Fred, but do not think he should be shut up by ridicule and/or personal attacks.  I do recognize his underlying concerns:  Are we complaining because we have too much time on our hands, or because our age makes us more likely to be disgruntled and cantankerous, or because we elected incompetent directors, or because we want to trade one group of leaders with one preferred by a very vocal but also very small minority?”

      Carl Ahlemeyer