RE: [IRVinforms] FW: Buckeye Tennis Court Construction

  • diane guilfoy
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 17, 2013
      Three of us wanted to defer the project which is why we voted "no".  We did ask how long it would take.  My assumption was if we approved the project, the contract would be signed immediately and work would begin immediately, so I was not surprised by that.

      What I was surprised at was that the entire complex is to be shut down..  I thought we were told construction would not involve total closure of the complex and that construction would not interfere with the RTC tournament schedule.  It certainly came as a shock to those pushing the project.

      Diane Guilfoy

      To: IRVinforms@yahoogroups.com; yourrossmoor@yahoogroups.com
      From: apushark@...
      Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 17:32:08 -0700
      Subject: RE: [IRVinforms] FW: Buckeye Tennis Court Construction

      Sorry I didn’t make myself clear – the decision to authorize was made by the GRF Board without discussion of when the construction is to take place.  The proposal to work on the project was made by “Staff”.  Apparently it did not specify the “when” and the Board did not seem to have inquired about dates.  Poor (incomplete) Staff work, and no insistence by the Board on complete information.

      Carl Ahlemeyer

      From: Apushark <apushark@...>

      Don’t you just love how important decisions get made by the Board without a full discussion of the consequences?

      IMO, yet another example of incredibly poor staff work.

      Carl Ahlemeyer

      From: IRVinforms@yahoogroups.com [mailto: IRVinforms@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of diane guilfoy

      I have just received the attached from the Rossmoor Tennis Club (no word to the Board yet).  In summary, the Buckeye courts will be closed for 3 months during prime tennis play.  The total closure was never mentioned to this Board member and probably not to others.  Surely some of them would have also voted against proceeding with construction at this time if it had been mentioned.

      Anyway, all play will be moved to Creekside and won't that be interesting.  Read the attached if you play tennis.

      Diane