Re: YOUR ROSSMOOR Dollar Clubhouse or Museum?

  • Mary Anne Clark
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 23, 2013
      Jiayi,

      I also like the idea of expanding on the historical qualities of the house and its former occupants including all the notables who came here at various times.  Also, an overview of the architectural significance of the house.  I like your idea of the flat screen TVs.

      Mary Anne Clark
      SDD

      On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Mary Anne Clark <mslark3@...> wrote:
      Jiayi,

      I like the train idea but not every day. Maybe on special occasions such as 4th of July, Christmas and special events.  I do like the idea of the quiet time it presents.

      Mary Anne Clark
      SDD

      On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 10:48 PM, Jiayi <zhjysf@...> wrote:

      Thanks.

      Jiayi Zhou

      Golden Rain

      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 24, 2013

        There is a great difference in limited historical display and creation of a museum.

        I don’t think MUSEUM has only one restricted definition and neither my naming it was Chinglish.

        We have Rossmoorlish here, such as Coupon, Manor; why we couldn’t have Museum a Rossmoor proprietary definition?

        Create a museum would facilitate get help and donation, e.g. from Dollar descendants.

        One possible exhibition I just thought is laser 3D image figure: you can have Mr. Dollar sitting next to you at coach, or dancing with Mrs. Dollar’s moving image; you can also restore 1930’s room with 3D optical images.

        I don’t to make “everyone” understand this will be so difficult.

        The most important precondition is: if OHP will accept VerPlanck’s arguments on 2/8.  If not, all the discussion are meaningless.

        Jiayi Zhou

        Golden Rain