Tell Walmart to stop selling guns

  • Evalyn F. Segal
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2012
      From: "Taren S-K, SumOfUs.org" <us@...>
      Subject: Call Walmart

      Two firefighters were murdered on Monday morning in Rochester, NY -- with the same gun used to kill the 26 children and school staff in Sandy Hook, CT. They were mowed down while trying to put out a fire set intentionally by the gunman.

      As if that wasn’t horrifying enough, that same gun and dozens of other assault weapons are still available for sale right now in our communities at Walmart, the largest arms dealer in the country.

      But Walmart is wavering. Its competitor Dick’s Sporting Goods announced last week that it would stop selling assault weapons. Walmart has taken the Bushmaster AR-15 (the weapon used at Sandy Hook and in Rochester) off its online store. If we keep up the pressure, we could win a massive victory.

      Can you call Walmart and tell it to take deadly assault rifles off the shelves?

      1. Call Walmart's corporate HQ at 479-273-4000
      2. Tell the operator you're calling with a comment about Walmart's sale of firearms. You'll probably be directed to a "high-priority customer service associate," and be put on hold for a few minutes (if it takes longer, it probably means lots of us are calling and we're having an impact!)
      3. When you get someone on the phone, give your statement. Feel free to offer your own personal comments or just read off our sample statement.

      Once you’ve called, please tell us how the call went. We want to track how Walmart is responding to our calls -- it could give us important insights into how we can put pressure on them!

      The fact of the matter is that in America today, almost anyone can just walk into a Walmart and buy a gun that was specifically built to kill dozens of people at once. And while Walmart and other gun retailers rake in the profits, the United States has 20 times as many gun-related murders as the average developed nation.

      Walmart can help stop this carnage by taking the deadliest firearms off its shelves. The SumOfUs.org community has come together in unprecedented ways to press Walmart to get these guns off the shelves. Now it's time to really turn up the heat, and show Walmart we're not backing down.

      Click here for more instructions on calling Walmart’s corporate HQ, and report your call.

      Thanks for your support

      Taren, Rob, Kaytee, and the team

      P.S. Lots of us delivered letters to Walmart store managers earlier this week calling for an end to assault weapons sales. If you want to take this fight to the next level and you can drop by a Walmart in the next few days click here to download our letter. And if you’ve already delivered a letter and haven’t let us know, click here to let us know how it went.

      SumOfUs is a world-wide movement of people like you, working together to hold corporations accountable for their actions and forge a new, sustainable path for our global economy.