Referral for tub to shower replacement?

  • june.gene
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 26, 2012
      can anyone recommend someone to do a quick, decent no-frills job at fair price for a Sonoma bathroom

      June Levine
    • cits4pets@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2013
        A Finished Home, Brian Kozera, Walnut Creek- 915-0896

        Be aware that there may be more work involved than you think. A tub has a 1.5" drain & a shower to meet code must have a 2" drain. My place had cement floor that made the job a bit more difficult.

        Took a bit of time as decided on new vanity, recessed med cab, etc. that had to be order AFTER he started the tear out of the tub. So the whole bathroom was gutted & the new vanity & floor that were ordered took about 3-4 weeks in coming. ( The shower pan purchased from General Plumbing had a tiny hairline crack & Brian had to wait a week to get another one in the color I wanted. So that held up the shower. I think it was just 10 days or so for the tearout & shower to get done.

        Brian does an excellent job, does not cut corners. Uses a waterproof membrane over the cement backer board. (A lot of contractors do not do this additional step), walls were insulated even the interior walls. Has an awesome tile setter and a great plumber.
        http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/master_bathroom is the master bathroom that had a tub to shower conversion. There is another gallery, Guest Bathroom, showing more of the detail steps prior to tiling.

        He thinks ahear and plans for the future. He wired the bathrooms so each could be on their own circuit breaker when and if the kitchen would get remodeled, (a kitchen remodel would require a new circuit breaker panel to meet code).

        I have him now doing a kitchen, I have know and used his services since ~2006 when he installed dual pane windows in my old condo before moving to Rossmoor. http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/rossmoor has all the galleries of the work in Rossmoor he has done for me.
        Honest & reliable, has good workers. Quality work.

        Flo Hendry
        Golden Rain Speedway