Re: YOUR ROSSMOOR Unsafe bus practice

  • Mary Anne Clark
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 23, 2012
      Great, response!
      Thank you for bringing this to Jeff's attention, Phil.

      Mary Anne Clark
      SDD

      On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 9:00 AM, philberta@... <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I just received this answer from Jeff Matheson. I thought I'd share it with all of you.

      Phil
      Canyonwood Ct

      Mr. Wesler,
      Sorry I did not respond immediately to your email. I was out sick yesterday and needed to confirm some facts with my Fleet Manager. It is not company policy nor are the drivers instructed to not put the bus in park when passengers are loading or unloading. Safety always comes first over trying to maintain a schedule. There is no code for commercial drivers that requires them to put the bus in park and set the break when loading a passenger. Some drivers choose to put the bus in park while other do not. With the many hills in Rossmoor however this is a good practice to follow. We will be further discussing this situation with our staff.

      --

      Mary Anne