Backhoe removal

  • Ellen Dietschy
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 17, 2012
      At about 20 minutes after 12, they had brought in one of those huge tow trucks -- the kind that rescue big rigs when they break down -- and the driver was in the process of hooking up to the backhoe so he could haul it out of the creek.

      Alan Cunningham
      Terra Granada Drive
    • Patricia Zuker
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 17, 2012
        Backhoe was  successfully hauled back onto the top edge of the bank on the parking lot side. Set on its feet/wheels and eventually driven away. So the good news is it still works -- at least to drive. Evidence left behind are scars on both banks. The one on the opposite creek bank where the front end crashed down into the soft earth is the most noticeable. A Rossmoor landscaping crew continued planting red maples along the parking lot side of the creek bank.

        I suppose the reasons for the trees could be twofold:
        1) to stabilize the creekbank itself with tree roots against the constant eroding pressure of a parking lot and associated runoff
        2) to allow restaurant diners a view of more trees that screen the ever so lovely parking lot

        <TINY RANT ON>Why didn't the restaurant get built with the patio and view windows facing the golf course in the first place? Nobody asked me but that's what I would have voted for.</TINY RANT OFF>

        Patricia Zuker

        At about 20 minutes after 12, they had brought in one of those huge tow trucks -- the kind that rescue big rigs when they break down -- and the driver was in the process of hooking up to the backhoe so he could haul it out of the creek.

        Alan Cunningham
        Terra Granada Drive

      • Melvin Wall
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 17, 2012
          your know why Pat.  it was designed by a a committee. GRF Board.  But, I like it anyway.  Melvin GGR

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 17, 2012
            Couldn't agree more about the restaurant planning.

            I'm trying to figure out how the accident happened.  It looks like it went through the fence from the parking lot side.  As to the trees, the ones closest to the creek appear to be planted a foot above grade.  What happens when the winter rains wash away the basins built around them?

            Also wondering about the white car on the sidewalk of RP near Gateway about 3pm.  Looks like it was in an accident.  Several vehicles, including a tow truck surrounded it.

            Diane Guilfoy
            SDD

            To: yourrossmoor@yahoogroups.com

              --

              Mary Anne

            • Mary Anne Clark

                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 17, 2012
                  As I recall, it was originally planned to look out onto the golf course, but our friend David, managed to change the plans.
                  Jack
                  GR RD

                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 17, 2012
                    Why is the one with the worst taste able to make plans for the community?

                    Mary Anne Clark
                    SDD

                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 17, 2012
                      Because he can!

                      John D. Rosenberg
                      Accredited Estate Planner (Retired)
                       (925) 937-2201  Walnut Creek
                       (925) 937-2301 Fax - WC
                       (415) 269-5315  Cell
                       (952) 368-7178  Minnesota
                       (952) 479-7744 Fax - MN

                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 17, 2012
                        Hmmmmmmmm.....!
                        I have difficulty distinguishing levels of taste.
                        Where all the houses are the same color.