Two similar Generals different results

  • john larmour
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2012
         When I was in the military service during WWII we all knew, and most of the public knew, that our commanding General Eisenhower was having an affair with his military jeep driver.  As I recall nobody asked him to resign, although there were many military rules against adultery or having relationships with personnel of lower rank they were never enforced, there was no investigation whether he was releasing battle plans or other confidential information, etc.  Not only that, he was later elected to the presidency! Any ideas why?  One thing I know that was not possible, ie. trace any emais they may have sent each other.