      From: yourrossmoor@yahoogroups.com [mailto:yourrossmoor@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of diane guilfoy
      Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 10:09 AM
      To: rossmoor chatboard
      Subject: RE: YOUR ROSSMOOR Dollar Clubhouse or Museum?

      My understanding is that the historic designation applies more to the exterior than to the interior and would not preclude updating the kitchen or even adding an elevator.  This is certainly the case for the building on Main Street Walnut Creek which was moved back from the sidewalk to create a patio and the interior turned into a restaurant, complete with kitchen up to current code.

      To: yourrossmoor@yahoogroups.com
      From: carlbrown@...
      Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 09:53:52 -0800
      Subject: YOUR ROSSMOOR Dollar Clubhouse or Museum?

      Jiayi,

      I think you have some good points.  I think we need to decide if we want a clubhouse with pool, updated kitchen, accommodations for clubs or do we want to remove all the enhancements and restore the house and grounds back to their original state?

      Do we really what a historic landmark and restore it to its original state or do we have to use it as a clubhouse and pool?  If we want a clubhouse & pool then forget about trying to put it on the historic registry.

      Carl Brown
      Skycrest Dr.

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic