21767Re: YOUR ROSSMOOR Dollar Clubhouse or Museum?

  • CarlBrown
    Jan 21, 2013
      Diane,

      > My understanding is that the historic designation
      > applies more to the exterior than to the interior and
      > would not preclude updating the kitchen or even
      > adding an elevator. This is certainly the case for
      > the building on Main Street Walnut Creek which
      > was moved back from the sidewalk to create a
      > patio and the interior turned into a restaurant,
      > complete with kitchen up to current code.

      If there are no plans to change the exterior why go for the historic
      designation in the first place? You are just adding another level
      bureaucracy that adds cost to any remodel. I don't want my coupon to go up
      just so I can call Dollar a historic building.

      Carl Brown
      Skycrest Dr.
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic