neuro-opthamologist appt

  • bluesky55us
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2003
      My son went on Wednesday to see a neuro-opthamologist.

      She found left gaze nystagmus, one optic nerve paler than the other, and his visual and auditory evoked potentials tests both came
      back showing evidence of past damage (ie, slowed conduction on those nerves).

      With his vision being normal that day, she explained that it was most likely MS. Other degenerative conditions, if they have the signs
      he has, the vision is usually permanently affected. But in MS it is common for vision to bounce back, but still leave "footprints" of past
      vision and eye problems.

      She is sending the reports to the MS neuro, and then we'll see where we go from there.

      Has anyone had any of these tests or signs, and what impact did they have on getting a diagnosis?

      Lynne