Re: [Young MS] MRI results

  • bluesky55us
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2003
      --- In youngms2@yahoogroups.com, "Carrie D" <riotzine@h...> wrote:
      > Lynne it depends. Talk to the nuero. (:

      Thanks! He goes to see the neuro in about a week.

      I did call the MS society here and they were very helpful, and sent me
      tons of information. The woman I talked to said that the MRI is
      really meaningless as far as deciding if he has MS or not, unless it
      shows changes, because a lot of the changes are too small to show up
      on an MRI. So that was a real bummer.

      On the bright side, my son is only 4yo, so the odds are in his favor.
      The woman at the MS Society said she had never heard of a child that
      young being diagnosed in Utah. So either he'll be a first for this
      area, or he has something else. (Guess that explains why that one
      doctor was so excited.)

      She mentioned a pediatric MS clinic in Toronto, but hopefully we don't
      have to travel all that way. Plus, what if he has something else?

      Lynne