Clear Comprehension ... !!!

  • Bhikkhu Samahita
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2005

      Friends:

        A Simple and Easy Way to Continuous Awareness :

      Friends, this highly advantageous praxis can be undertaken by anyone,
      at any time, all day long, in all situations, and at all locations! Therefore:
      Do it! Repeat it!, & Remember it!:

      When walking, one understands: 'I am walking..'
      When standing, one knows: 'I am standing..'
      If sitting, one notes: 'I am sitting down now..'
      While lying down, one reflects: 'Now, I am lying down..'

      When moving forward or returning, one clearly comprehends exactly that..
      When looking forward or away, one clearly comprehends exactly that..
      When bending or extending a limb, one clearly comprehends exactly that..
      When dressing or carrying things, one clearly comprehends exactly that..
      When eating, drinking, & chewing, one clearly comprehends exactly that..
      When defecating or urinating, one clearly comprehends exactly that..
      When walking, standing or sitting, one clearly comprehends exactly that..
      When falling asleep & waking up, one clearly comprehends exactly that..
      When talking & dwelling in silence, one clearly comprehends exactly that..

      Rational & alert attention is thus the cause of clear comprehension...!!!
      When - Continuous Awareness - is established, it prevents all mistakes
      and their painful after-effects! In this way, do clear comprehension
      lead to loss of frustration & gain of satisfaction! Correctly cultivated,
      and made much of, this praxis will be all beings welfare and happiness
      for a long, long time. Since clear comprehension purifies both purpose,
      the suitability, the domain, and the unconfused focus of any activity!

      Source: The Exhaustive Speeches by the Buddha. Digha Nikaya 22
      http://www.accesstoinsight.org/canon/sutta/digha/dn22.htm
      http://www.pariyatti.com/book.cgi?prod_id=251033

       Friendship is the Greatest !

       Bhikkhu Samāhita, Sri Lanka.