If You Love Someone

  • Michael Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2004
      IF YOU LOVED SOMEONE
      Author Unknown

      Really touching....

      One fine day,an old couple around the age of 70, walks into a lawyer's
      office.Apparently, they are there to file a divorce. Lawyer was very
      puzzled, after havin a chat with them, he got their story....

      This couple had been quarrelling all their 40 over yrs of marriage, nothing
      ever seems to go right.They hang on coz of their children, afraid that it
      might affect their up-bringing. Now, all their children have already grown
      up, have their own family, there's nothing else the old couple have to worry
      about, all they wanted is to lead their own life free from
      all these yrs of unhappiness from their marriage, so both agree on a
      divorce....

      Lawyer was having a hard time trying to get the papers done, coz he felt
      that after 40 yrs of marriage at the age of 70, he couldn't understand why
      the old couple would still wants a divorce...while they were signing the
      papers, the wife told the husband.."I really love u, but I really cant carry
      on anymore,I'm sorry.." "its o.k, I understand.." said the husband.

      Looking at this, the lawyer suggested a dinner together, just 3 of them,wife
      thought, why not, since they are still gonna be friends..

      At the dining table, there was a silence of awkwardness. The first dish was
      roasted chicken, immediately, the old man took the drumstick for the old
      lady.."take this, its your favourite.." looking at this, the lawyer thought
      maybe there's still a chance, but the wife was frowning when she answer.."
      this is always the problem, u always think so highly of urself, never
      thought about how I feel, dont u know that I hate drumsticks?"

      Little did she know that, over the yrs, the husband have been trying all
      ways to please her,little did she know that drumsticks was the husband's
      favourite.Little did he know that she never thought he understand her at
      all,little did he know that she hates drumsticks even though all he wants is
      the best for her.

      That night, both of them couldn't sleep, toss and turn, toss and
      turn...after hours, the old man couldn't take it anymore, he knows that he
      still loves her, and he cant carry on life without her, he wants her back,
      he wants to tell her, he is sorry, he wanted to tell her"I love u"...

      He picks up the phone, starting dialling her number....ringing never
      stops..he never stop dialling....

      On the other side,she was sad, she couldn't understand how come after all
      these yrs, he still doesn't understand her at all,she loves him a lot, but
      she just can't take it anymore....phone's ringing, she refuses to answer,
      knowing that its him..."wats the point of talking now that its over...I have
      ask for it and now I wanna keep it this way, if not I will lose
      face.."she thought...still ringing...she have decided to pull out the
      cord...

      Little did she remember, he have heart problems...

      The next day, she received news that he had passed away...she rushed down to
      his apartment, saw his body, lying on the couch still holding on to the
      phone...he had a heart attack when he was still trying to get thru her phone
      line....

      As sad as she could be, after the burial...she will have to clear his
      belongings...when she was looking thru the drawers, she saw this insurance
      policy, dated from the day they got married, beneficiary of course is
      her...together in that file, there's this note... "to my dearest wife, by
      the time you are reading this, I'm sure I'm no longer around, I bought this
      policy for you, though the amount is only $100,000, I hope it will be able
      to help me continue my promise that I have made when we got married,I might
      not be around anymore, I want this amount of money to continue taking care
      of you, just like the way I will if I could have live longer..I want you to
      know I will always be around, by your side...I love u"

      Tears flowed like river......

      When you love someone, let them know... you never know what will happen the
      next minute....
      talk...
      listen....
      learn to build a life together..
      learn to love each other..
      for who they are..
      not what they are..."

      "Get Them to Follow Your Every Command ... Just Like Magic!"
      Red hot persuasion secrets revealed! Hypnotically seduce others
      to like you. Improve your relationships dynamically. Multiply
      your sales tremendously. Influence others to your way of
      thinking. Easily make friends and become super famous.
      http://www.20daypersuasion.com

      EDSAMAIL. Internet the way YOU WANT IT.
      www.edsamail.com.ph