Question

  • Robert J. Baumann
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2004
      I love nice little homilies that sound like they come from a sermon because
      they make one think. I think this: Why didn't that loving father call his
      son and tell him that the keys to the car were in the Bible?

      Yes, we are supposed to suspend our thought and just take these little
      stories with a tear and I sigh. I never do. Seems to me that the dumb
      father didn't do such a good job of raising his son. Clear to see why. Poor
      skills in communication. The kid is a lout and the father is non-responsive
      and negligent. How else do you read it?

      Oh, we weren't supposed to read it that way? Oops. Sorry.

      Keep 'em coming Ging Gangsters... but do me a favor.... use your mind. Add
      your own commentary. It is easy to be so lazy and just forward someone
      else's words. It takes no effort and seemingly is done with little thought.
      Challenge yourselves to think and comment upon what you share. Is that a
      lot to ask?

      I generally add a few of my own words when I send a forward, if only to let
      you know I've read it and why I want to share it. Yes, I also tend to pull
      things apart. Maybe we all need to, just so we can learn how things work.
      You have permission to shoot the messenger, but consider the message.

      Have a great weekend, Gangsters.

      Bob