Attention Bob!

  • Balakrishna
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2004
      Hello Bob! I'm sorry to have called you with a
      nick name, being an unknown person to you. I got
      a doubt and wanted clarification from you as your
      way of dealing such things are amusing me.

      My doubt is: "Why is it that when you transport
      something by car, it's called a shipment, but
      when you transport something by ship, it's called
      cargo?

      My feeling is that the differences between words
      used in different contexts is an interesting and
      puzzling thing i agree! i do not know why...i do
      love quaint local sayings though which often make
      little sense to another region let alone another
      continent! i am sure you must have many in your
      area also! language is an amazing and fascinating
      subject altogether, i even like to make up some
      of my own words which as far as i am aware have
      no real meaning at all, perhaps the meaning
      behind what we utter is the really crucial
      thing...i think so! What do you say??? ...Bala X

      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/