Muguruza Sensei at AYC - May 3-4, 2013

  • Chris & Charmaine
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 10, 2013
      Good Afternoon,

      On behalf of Aikido Yoshinkai Canada it is my pleasure to publicly announce a rare North American visit by Jacques Muguruza Sensei, 8th Dan.

      As you may know, Muguruza Sensei was promoted to 8th Dan last year after close to 40 years with the Yoshinkan. In the late 1970s he spent five years as an uchideshi for Shioda Gozo and he has been actively teaching throughout Europe ever since. We invite you to be a part of the celebration of his well-deserved promotion.

      Muguruza Sensei will be teaching a total of three classes on Friday May 3 and Saturday May 4. As always, we expect tickets to this event to sell out quickly so we encourage you to RSVP early. Some tickets are still available and are being sold on a first-come-first-served basis. The cost is $100 (3 classes). A pizza and beer party will be held on Friday evening after the class and a nominal fee of $10 will be charged for this event. There will also be a dinner on Saturday after training. Specific details about this dinner are still being finalized and will be available during the clinic.

      The schedule for Muguruza Sensei�s clinics will be as follows:

      Muguruza Sensei 2013
      Clinic 1
      May 3 � Friday
      7-9 pm
      Pizza Party
      May 3 � Friday
      9 pm - ?
      Clinic 2
      May 4 � Saturday
      10-12 pm
      Clinic 3
      May 4 � Saturday
      2-4 pm

      For those coming from out of town, Kimeda Sensei is making the dojo available for overnight stays. Please contact AYC to make these arrangements prior to the clinic.

      If you have any additional questions, please feel free to call the dojo directly and leave a message with Kimeda Sensei (416-585-9602). Alternatively, you may also send an email to rsvp at aikido dot ca. Information is also posted on our website at www.aikido.ca.

      I look forward to seeing you on the mats. OSU!

      Chris Johnston
      for AYC

    • aikispike
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 11 6:33 AM
        Howdy all,

        Chida Sensei is visiting the Toronto area July 19 - 21 at Nick Kilislian's dojo.
        Email him if you are interested: nick.kilislian@...

        Spike
        p.s.  this list is dead, can't anyone whine about something??

      • dotars_2003
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 11 6:59 AM
          Perhaps other social networking tools have overtaken this list?

          Osu!

          (Nick - wish I could be there! Regards to all. Tom)

          --- In yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com, aikispike <aikispike@...> wrote:

          > Howdy all,
          > �
          > Chida Sensei is visiting the Toronto area July 19 - 21 at Nick Kilislian's dojo.
          > Email him if you are interested: nick.kilislian@...
          > �
          > Spike
          > p.s.� this list is dead, can't anyone whine about something??

        • scombes
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 11 7:24 AM
            seems less active that's for sure

            Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® II, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

            Perhaps other social networking tools have overtaken this list?

            Osu!

            (Nick - wish I could be there! Regards to all. Tom)

            --- In yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com, aikispike <aikispike@...> wrote:

            > Howdy all,
            > �
            > Chida Sensei is visiting the Toronto area July 19 - 21 at Nick Kilislian's dojo.
            > Email him if you are interested: nick.kilislian@...
            > �
            > Spike
            > p.s.� this list is dead, can't anyone whine about something??

          • Jim Jeannette
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 11 8:53 AM
              We can whine about the List being dead.

              Jim J

              Chida Sensei is visiting the Toronto area July 19 - 21 at Nick Kilislian's dojo.
              Email him if you are interested: mailto:nick.kilislian%40yahoo.com

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 11 9:14 AM
                Anyone from the USA coming to the Chida Clinics? If so can you please send me a message - aikispike@...